Thursday, June 04, 2009

French, Arabic at restaurant. Thu, Jun 4, 2009

06/04/2009. 1156. I took our African investigator to a local restaurant. I wasn't sure what languages they spoke at the restaurant, so I only took in a couple copies of the French Liahona magazine. They weren't too busy, so the owner had time to chat with us. He was from a country near where the investigator is from, and spoke English, French, Arabic, and a local/regional dialect.

He seemed enthusiastic about the magazines, so I offered him more stuff. He agreed, so I went out to the car and retrieved an Arabic copy and a French copy of the Book of Mormon, and a French video of "Finding Faith in Christ", which he graciously accepted.

The food was very good, so I'm sure I'll be back to follow up.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home